Friday, March 5, 2010

First post...

So I had a million things running through my mind the other day. And here there are:
"So I made it to about 6:10 today before I started feeling anxious - not just pre-show anxious, binge anxious. That "I-don't-know-what's-going-on-emotionally-therefore-I-need-to-stuff-my-face-or-talk-to-somebody" anxiety. But of course I don't have time to do either because the show is starting in an hour and I have to get ready. And even if I wanted to talk (or had time) my roommate is out of town, my best guy friend in whom I usually confide has a girlfriend (and I don't overstep boundaries), my best friend in the show doesn't know I have an ED, and group was cancelled today. And I was 'wondering' why I was feeling anxious. I hate how an ED can take you by surprise even when you're having a perfectly fine day."

So if you didn't get it, I have an eating disorder (an ED). More specifically binge eating disorder (BED) but I'm in the process of facing it and getting over it (hence the reference to group, aka group therapy). For me, this blog is a sounding board, an opportunity to get throughts out of my head, and a place for me to pretend like people are actually going to want to read about my life and my struggles and my triumphs (and hey, maybe people will...). Enjoy! Oh, and I'm a theatre major and I'm in a play right now (aka "the show"). And I love using parentheses.

No comments:

Post a Comment